7/12/12

They're really called Suckers!

I thumbed through my Trees of Illinois book as I sat outside, enjoying my morning coffee. I feel fairly confident about the Sugar Elms, but I'm beside myself about the Eastern White Pine. I'm just not sure. While perusing the lengthy and informative introduction (hoping to hone my arboreal skills), I came across this picture. Forgive the cell phone pic, I still haven't found the camera after the move:



AT&T Update!

Yesterday I got the 64th email from AT&T. It sounded very excited. It said my installation day was coming soon and gave me the information I needed about the installation, and told me a technician would come to my house between 8am and 8pm. I responded  that the email was in error, I had already cancelled the order. I assumed the email was generated by some complex AT&T algorithm and that it signified nothing.

Then I got a call this morning. The very nice lady said she received the email. She said she couldn't find any record of cancellation for the U-Verse order. Then she wanted a lengthy description of my discontent with AT&T service. She told me she couldn't actually cancel the order for me, but she could connect me with someone who could. On hold. Scratchy 80s Jazz. A Ms. Cook answered and cancelled my U-Verse order with a cheerful celerity. What about the phone, I asked. Ms. Cook couldn't cancel the phone, only the U-Verse, but she could connect me to someone who could. On hold. Classical Music. Forty five second loop. Some guy answered: It's a wonderful day at AT&T, how can I assist you? Super. He was able to verify that my home phone order had indeed been cancelled. So we're squared away on the AT&T. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment